I thought my life would seem more interesting with a musical score and a laugh track.
If there’s one thing I really enjoy, it’s people who can laugh at themselves.
The Daly show, a Web show created and written by Ben Shelton and starring Tim Daly (Private Practice) and his son, Sam Daly (Red Tails) is a satirical look at a father and son relationship within the context of living the celebrity / sex symbol lifestyle. Not only does Tim instruct his son in the fine arts of both acting and manhood, he shows him how to do it with just a “little less douch” baggery. And what is the result of these lessons in life? Well, in all comedic irony, MORE douche baggery!
This web show opens that window of opportunity for Tim Daly (Wings) to return to the genre in which he really shines; comedy. Sam Daly, is equally funny dealing with his eccentric father on a day to day basis, his father never fails to shock him and his perpetual look of stunned incredulity is brilliant.
The Daly Show has attracted various big name celebrity guest stars that I applaud for pokiing fun at themselves and being just “a little less douche”. These stars include: Taye Diggs, Amy Brenneman, Nathan Fillion, and most recently, Whoopie Goldberg.
Just as an aside, here is my comprehensive, yet not entirely exhaustive, list of people who could really benefit from watching and learning from the Daly’s. Feel free to add to the list in the comments section.
People who need to be “a little less douche.”
“Maybe we need a very small nuke thrown off on Foggy Bottom to shake things up” –Pat Robertson, on nuking the State Department
”Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don’t hate America like liberals do. They don’t have the energy. If they had that much energy, they’d have indoor plumbing by now.”
—Ann Coulter, in her book ”Slander”
- Nathan Fillion and Tim Daly Play Superheroes – Video (geektyrant.com)
- Nathan Fillion and Tim Daly (Sort of) Reprise Green Lantern and Superman Roles IRL [Video] (comicsalliance.com)
- Pat Robertson: ‘Demonic Possession’ Related to Homosexuality (crooksandliars.com)
- How Facebook, Bob Newhart, Twitter and Nathan Fillion helped me kick Zoloft (geeky-girl.me)
- Spotlight!: The Daly Show: Episode 7: “The Daly Superheroes” with NATHAN FILLION (geekxlovin.wordpress.com)
- Voice Overacting of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Live Twitter Chat With ‘Private Practice’ Star Amy Brenneman on Thursday, February 23 (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- Tim Daly On Returning To the Role of Superman in ‘Justice League: Doom’ (geek-news.mtv.com)